Friday 30 December 2011

I married you (part 4)

Dear Chishimba,

I hope this letter finds you in a sound health. For me I cannot complain the Lord has been there for me in every situation.

In the first place I would like to apologize for not replying your letter in time. This was due to the tight programme I have here. However, I received your letter last month and I was very happy to hear from you and that the family is doing fine.

School is going on well and I’m now writing my thesis in political philosophy. I’m currently doing the first part of it and in June, I will be defending my bachelor diploma. Boyi, here school is not all that difficult as in Zambia but the problem here is language. My first year at school was more challenging due to the language; thank God some professors were very understanding and tolerance on me. However, I couldn’t have made it up to now.

Thanks for your complements and for your friends comments. Yes ba boyi (my friend) many are the times when I finish reading a novel I say to myself ‹‹I could have written this book›› you know what? You were right, I believe everyone, carries at least one novel around, in his head or his heart. Novelist Toni Morrison put it this way: “if there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it…” ha ha ha. Writing a book is an easy task. Nevertheless, every day new novels are published. However, writing a novel cannot be easy. For example; when you are at the university, like in my case or when you have a full time job, family etc... I wish to write a novel after defending my thesis in June next year.

Finally, in March after exams I’m coming home for my vacation, for three months. I have really missed you guys; I can’t wait to see you again after all these years. I expect to find my best dish (nshima). About Florence, ba boyi (my friend) I’m dying here from curiosity of knowing this girl because I do not remember sitting next to a girl on your birthday party but that is not the reason why I haven’t enclose anything for her But I can’t just find words to write to a person I do not know. Pass my regards to her and say thanks on my behalf. Till then!!! Take care boyi.

Yours James

No comments: