Monday 26 December 2011

i married you (part 2)

After reading the letter I was taken in thoughts, trying to remember who Florence was. I didn’t remember any girl sitting next to me that day... I checked my watch and it was 09:10hrs... “Oh!! My Goodness I’m late”- I said… I had a discussion at school with my colleagues and it was my turn to present that week. It used to take 15 minutes by car to get to the university. I dressed up faster than ever in a jean trousers and a nice shirt that Chishimba bought for me when I left Zambia. I arrived to the university 30 minutes late. I ran up the stairs unto the third floor where we agreed to meet in room 8... I found everyone sited down waiting for me. I excused myself before the class but Nicolas a Polish said: “James, you might have an excuse for coming late, but we are not interested in it, just give us your work’s outline... While he was saying that, I heard in the backroom an Indian classmate saying “l’Africa l’Africa…” This time I felt offended, even though we used to joke like that each time someone came late to the classroom. Nevertheless, since I was the victim, I kept silence and started to distribute the paper without saying a word.

Even though I was present in that meeting my mind was absent. I was so much taken by the complements Florence made me through my friendDays seemed to pass so slowly, that I couldn’t wait for the school year to finish. It was November and there were still 5 months remaining for holidays, which started in March... When I was at the university, the desire to have a girlfriend was growing each day. What could stop me from having the girlfriend of my choice?

After the discussion, I went with Marco to talk with the professor who was helping me to write my thesis. Marco is the only Italian student in our class. He was very intelligent and had a good character. On the way I told him about the letter. Wow!! Dear friend, don’t miss that girl Marco said. But Marco, how can I get in touch with a girl that I don’t even remember? I asked him; “James you are no longer a child, you are a man now”, he immediately replied while laughing at me; it’s been a long time you came out of that shell and I know that true love scares but your matter is not that different than how I started my relationship with Hellen”. I interrupted him..: No Marco, you and Hellen have been friends for a long time. He answered: “even though, we just met once, things started from there.

During 2009’s summer vacation, we went for a scout camping in the mountains for about four days and ever since we came to know each other. Afterwards we never saw each other again for over 3 months. In the course of that period we just exchanged letters and messages on facebook and now our love for each other has grown a lot. I can’t complain, she is all I need for my life.” Marco, right after you’ve met, you started to communicate, my situation is different, I replied. “What do you mean it’s different? James, love is art and if you are not an artist then you are not a man but an animal. I think Florence is an artist who wants to build up a relationship from love at first sight. You said she didn’t tell you a word that day, did she?” he asked. Yes, I answered, while giving him the chance to continue: “yea, because if she then said something like that, you might thought she is just one of those poor girls who takes advantage of occasions like that one to trap guys.”

Marco, but you know what..? I’m very scared to fall in love now; I mean falling in love is quire to disappointments and heart breaks “James is this all you know about love? I can assure you that you will never marry an angle from heaven, I mean in every relationship there are problems but it’s a duty of lovers to set up rules of dos and don’ts, In life if you are not ready to take risks you will never move on... Love is the most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase is not an easy thing… This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident.

5 comments:

SHASHA said...

We need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.... This is great man!!!
SHASHA!!

Unknown said...

Oh thats greats Shasha, what a nice nice comment, i don't know why sometimes we failed to help one other, help one another open the door for everything. let us this begin from us SHASHA. HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

martin mwango said...

Thanks for your support guys...

martin mwango said...

Thanks for your support guys...

Maggie said...

Martin, this is a very interesting story. I cant stop reading it. You have a special gift hidden inside you but which you have brought into light by composing such a lovely story. well done martin. The story has a very good flow and a very good sense of humour..keep it up..